We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The broccoli or (Brasscia oleracea) is a variety of cabbage originating from southern Italy that arrived in France thanks to Catherine de Medici.
This low-calorie vegetable has many health benefits and virtues.
- Vegetable garden : growing and caring for broccoli
- Cooking: broccoli recipes
Broccoli and its health benefits
- Composed of 92% water, broccoli is very low energy But full of mineral salts. It is of course recommended in a slimming diet.
- Broccoli ranks very high on the “anti cancer foods " thanks to fibers and to antioxidants it contains. It would particularly protect lower abdomen cancers (colon, uterus, bladder, stomach, prostate), provided it is eaten raw or steamed.
- Very rich in provitamin A, broccoli has virtues antioxidants which fight against the formation of free radicals responsible for the aging of our cells.
- Regular consumption of broccoli would help prevent cardiovascular illnesses and degenerative by promoting blood thinning (vitamin K).
- In traditional chinese medicine, it is considered a neutral food, that is to say not unbalancing.
25 kcal / 100 g. Broccoli is rich in vitamin C, B9, E, K, calcium, sulfur, magnesium, potassium, fiber, and beta-carotene.
Growing broccoli for its health benefits
Broccoli is the most easy to grow and which requires very little care throughout its growth. For optimal development, broccoli needs rich, cool and well-drained soil. It should be exposed to the sun or partial shade. Be careful, however, stagnant humidity in winter.
Planted in rich soil and watered regularly, broccoli can grow in 30 cm high pots. Be careful not to install your broccoli near other varieties of cabbage: they don't like each other!
Vegetable garden : growing and caring for broccoli
Broccoli in the kitchen
We consume them blanched broccoli in boiling water in small florets (without the stems), then boiled or steamed, sautéed, braised or au gratin. They are also tasty raw with a spicy sauce. Also test thebroccoli soup : embellished with a little fresh cream, it's a real delight!
Note that broccoli is quite digestible, which is not the case with most components of the cabbage family ...
- Cuisine: all our broccoli-based recipes