We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
A staple of French cuisine, carrot beef is a delicious and easy dish.
Ingredients for 5-6 people:
- 1.5 kg of beef (shank)
- 1 kg of carrots
- 15 cl of beef broth
- 15 cl of white wine
- 2 shallots
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bouquet garni
- 10 cl of olive oil
- Salt pepper
Beef Carrot Recipe
The beef and carrot recipe is never as good as when made the day before for the next day. Do not hesitate to simmer for a long time, the result will be even better!
- Cut the meat into even-sized pieces of approximately 3 to 4 cm per side
- Peel and mince the onion
- Peel the garlic
- Peel and cut the carrots into pieces of about 2 cm
Cooking carrot beef:
In a casserole dish,
- Heat the olive oil
- Brown the meat for a few minutes
- Add the chopped onions then continue to brown for 2 to 3 minutes
- Then wet with white wine
- Add the beef broth to cover all the meat.
- Finally add the garlic cloves and the bouquet garni
- Cover and simmer 1 hour on low heat and
After 1 hour of cooking,
- Mix the meat
- Add the carrots
- Salt, pepper
- Simmer for another 2 hours
You will serve the carrot beef like that or accompanied by steamed potatoes or rice.
Enjoy your meal !